Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Boo Up!



The Boo Radleys are definitely a band that history appears to have forgotten in terms of how popular they are. It wasn't until I looked up the history of the band that I realised they had a number one album in the UK with "Wake Up!" in 95. The problem was this was on the back of the top ten success of the "Wake Up Boo!" single which ended up being so overplayed that the albums that followed sold less and less copies so by the time their final album "Kingsize" appeared in 98 it peaked at a low 62. It seems that the band's earlier releases are now cruelly overlooked, with their first two albums "Everythings Alright Forver" in 92 and their best album "Giant Steps" in 93 displaying a band full of fire and imagination. Todays downloads are tracks from these two albums and their cover of New Order's "True Faith." The website listed below has a bunch of tracks from their earlier singles.

3 comments:

howard said...

If you want a copy of the first album Ichabod And I let me know.

Tom said...

The Saint Etienne remix of Lazarus is awesome. I must dig it out again one day!

eLf ideas said...

Hahaha. I, too, was looking for the MP3s; but I suppose, Mr. Steve posts the MP3s only for a limited time, am I right?

Anyway, I remember back in the mid-90s, how I played 'Wake Up Boo!' almost every day without skip. It served as my wake-up alarm early in the morning.

Oh, those were indeed beautiful mornings.